Beach/Wedding Weekend

For 4th of July weekend, we spent it out in California. My cousin, Haley, was getting married and that was our purpose for heading out there. Bryan really wanted to see the fireworks at the ocean so he arranged for us to stay the night at a hotel in Newport and then we watched the fireworks on Huntington Beach. From our hotel room, we could even see the fireworks from Disneyland. Colby loved it and wanted to go there. The next day was the wedding and it was just beautiful. We had a great but very busy short weekend in California.

Friday at NEWPORT BEACH

As soon as we drove into town, we headed straight for the beach. Colby could not wait to get out of the car and play at the beach. We spent Friday afternoon at Newport Beach. There were not many people there but it was difficult to find a place to park. We had a great time at this beach.


We had a great time playing in the sand and getting a little wet. The water was pretty chilly.

Colby & Bryan running in the water. I think they got as far as waist deep. It was the evening and we didn't want to have walk around soaking wet.

Enjoying the sun

These are the beach houses along the coast. It is a little walk to get to the water.

Bryan dug a hole for Colby to get in. Colby was standing on his tip toes in the hole.

After the beach, we drove to the LDS temple in Newport. It was a gorgeous temple that fit perfectly in its surroundings.


playing in the water at the temple


4th of JULY at Huntington Beach
We met a nice man at the temple who was from the area. He said the best place to see fireworks was at Huntington Beach, so that is where we went for the day. We drove around and finally found a parking spot, and while we were walking to the beach we found a parade too!

Bryan & I agreed this is the best 4th of July parade we have ever seen. They had the best floats and music. It was an awesome parade to watch. We were lucky to get there in time.

On the pier where the fireworks were launched. We had an awesome view, nobody was blocking our view.

Walking back after checking out all the street vendors.

Bryan made a sandcastle modeled after the movie, UP.


Bryan & I agreed this was the best firework show we have ever seen. It sure helped that the ocean water changed colors with each firework. Bryan wants to do this every year. I told him, we will see about that.


HALEY & ADAM'S WEDDING

My cousin, Haley, was married to Adam on July 5th. They had a beautiful garden wedding & reception. I was able to see relatives on my dad's side of the family that I had not seen since I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. It was great to get to visit with them. I wish I would have taken more pictures.

Colby and my cousin Melody's son, Austin.

Colby & I are having a nice time enjoying the shade by the pond.

0 comments: