Colby's 5th Birthday

Colby recently celebrated his 5th birthday. We asked him over the summer what kind of cake he wanted and he replied a Buzz Lightyear cake. Well, I made the mistake of looking at images of Buzz cakes online while Colby was in the same room. Over the next 3 months, he insisted that I make the cake you see below. I have never worked with fondant, let alone made a cake with 3 levels. Well, it is not perfect but Colby loved it and that is what matters.

The birthday boy!!! Colby is busy watching the other kids play at the park, so he wouldn't look at the camera. We just had some relatives come and play at the park and eat cake with us this year.

Colby even helped to make his cake. Bryan & Colby made the clouds. Colby help make the fondant balls below the planet, which he pressed craters in with his fingers.

opening presents at home

the cake is 100% edible, except the figurines

0 comments: